If this is your first career fair, below are some tips that may help you get the most out of your visit to the Healthcare Recruitment and Training Fair.
BEFORE YOU GO
- Research – check out the list of exhibitors and the job roles on offer, make sure you plan who you want to meet and that you are prepared
- Update your CV – employers will be looking to make quick decisions on site - we recommend you bring updated copies of your CV - click here for tips on how to write a CV
- What will I ask? – think about what you want to know before you attend - you could be meeting your potential employer, asking questions will be a key way to engage the interviewer and find out information that can't be found on the website. For example, company culture, the team you would be working with, systems in use etc
- Alternate email address – if your primary email address is your current work address, you might want to consider setting up an alternate email address
- Prepare a 20 to 30 second introduction to use with employers - the stands will be busy so use the time you have effectively
AT THE SHOW
- Look professional – you will be meeting potential employers face-to-face so look and dress appropriately
- Greet employers on your own, not with friends
- Make a good first impression - maintain good eye contact, shake hands firmly and speak clearly and concisely
- Don't be late - if you have prearranged a meeting, arrive on time!
- Follow-up – make sure you are clear what are the next steps and how to follow up if needs be
- Visit as many stands as you can - once you have visited your prioritised companies, take some time to visit the other stands as you might find there are more opportunities elsewhere